If you’re looking to get the best possible internet connection from your Verizon service, it’s important to first understand how their routers work. By using a wireless router along with the Verizon provided router, you can get the best performance possible.
What is a Wireless Router?
A wireless router is a device that helps to connect devices in an area, such as your home or office, wirelessly. Wireless routers can be standalone devices or they can be included with other networking products, like a broadband modem or cable box. When you buy a wireless router, you usually have the option of buying it without any added features, or you can choose to purchase add-on features, such as a security camera.
What are the benefits of using a wireless router?
Wireless routers are a great way to cut down on your cable and internet costs. By using a wireless router, you can connect to the internet without having to use cables. You can also use a wireless router to access local networks, such as home offices, or to connect to the internet while traveling. Wireless routers can be used with wired or wireless networks. Wireless routers can also be used with a broadband connection. Some benefits of using a wireless router include:
- saving money on your cable and internet bills
- reducing your environmental impact by reducing your need for cables
- improvements in speed and reliability over using a cable connection
Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router?
If you’re looking to improve your home network’s coverage, you can use a wireless router or an extra one. But keep in mind that doing so may reduce the range and speed of your Verizon broadband connection. Here’s how to check:
If you’re using a wireless router, make sure it’s connected to your modem with an Ethernet cable. If it is, go ahead and turn off the Verizon router.
- Now turn on the wireless router and connect it to your modem with a wireless signal. Note the SSID (name) of the wireless router.
- Open a web browser and type in “router settings” (or similar). You’ll see a page that looks something like this:
- The “Network Name” should be the same as the SSID of the Verizon router. In this example, it’s “VerizonFiOS.” If it’s not, change it now.
- Scroll down to “Wireless Networks” and click on it. You’ll see a list of networks, including “VerizonFiOS.” If there are other networks listed here, disconnect them by clicking on their icons and then reconnecting to VerizonFiOS.
- Now click on “Basic Settings” to continue..
Yes, you can use your wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router. Just make sure that you are connecting to the same network as your Verizon provided router. If you are not connected to the same network, then the Verizon provided router will not be able to reach your devices and they will not work properly.