Sometimes, you may need to block a port on your Linksys router in order to protect yourself from malicious attacks or to restrict access to certain devices. But what if you accidentally disable your wifi? In this article, we will show you how to block a port on a Linksys router without disabling wifi.
What You’ll Need?
If you want to block a port on a Linksys router without disabling wifi, you’ll need the following:
- Linksys router
- Port blocking software (like Nmap)
- Wifi security key
- Ethernet cable
- Open your Linksys router’s administrative interface.
- Under “Advanced Settings,” click on “Port Forwarding.”
- In the “Port forwarding” window, under “Protocols,” select “TCP.”
- Under “Local Ports,” type the number of the port that you want to block (in this case, we’re blocking port 22).
- Click on the blue button next to “22” and select “Enable.”
- In the main “Port forwarding” window, click on the red circle next to your computer’s name and select “Block Port.”
- Type in your security key into the login box and click on OK. 8. Click on Close in the main Port forwarding window and then reboot your computer if necessary.
How To Do It?
Blocking a port on a Linksys router without disabling wifi can be a useful trick in case you need to keep some devices connected to the router but do not want them using the wifi. This is possible by blocking specific ports on the router, which will then stop devices from connecting to the internet through that port.
To block a port on a Linksys router:
- Open the main menu of your router by clicking on its logo (usually located in the top left or right corner) or hitting the home button on your device and type “menu” into the search bar.
- Once you’ve opened the main menu, click on “System” and then “Network.”
- In Network section, locate and click on “Interfaces.”
- Under Interfaces, locate and select “Port Forwarding.”
- On Port Forwarding page, under Protocols, locate “UDP.”
- Click on UDP and then under Port Range choose 80 (or any other port you wish to block).
- Click OK to close Port Forwarding window and save changes to your router.
What you need to know?
Linksys routers allow you to block certain ports, which can be handy if you want to restrict access to a specific service. Blocking a port can prevent unauthorized users from accessing the router’s administrative interface or networking resources.
To blocked a port on your Linksys router:
- Open the router’s administrative interface by entering the default administrative IP address in your web browser and clicking “Login.
- In the navigation bar on the left side of the screen, click “Local Area Connection.”
- In the Local Area Connection window that opens, select “WAN Services.”
- Under “Port Access,” select “Blocked Ports” and then click “Add.”
- Type the port number that you want to block in the “Port Number” field and then click “OK.”
- Repeat this process for any additional ports that you want to block.
How to block a port on a Linksys router?
To block a port on a Linksys router, follow these instructions:
- Access the administration panel of your Linksys router.
- In the administration panel, click on the “Networking” tab.
- Under the “Network Services” section, find and select the port you want to block from allowing traffic.
- To enable or disable the blocking of this port, simply select either the “Enabled” or “Disabled” checkbox next to it.
How to unblock a port on a Linksys router?
If you are experiencing trouble with a specific port on your Linksys router, you can try to unblock it by following these steps:
Step 1:Open the “Configure” menu on your router.
Step 2: Select “Port Forwarding and Security”.
Step 3:Choose the “LAN Ports” tab and click the “+Add New Port Forwarding Rule…” button.
Step 4: Enter the information for the new port forwarding rule, including the IP address of the computer or device you want to allow access to the port on your router, and the TCP/UDP port number that you want to open up on that computer or device (e.g., 80 for HTTP).
Step 5:Click OK to save your changes and close out of the “Configure” menu.
Your newly created port forwarding rule will now be active and will allow traffic from computers or devices connected to the new port on your router to flow through to that specific computer or device.
How do I block a device on my Linksys router?
To block a device on your Linksys router, follow these steps:
- Open the Linksys router’s web-based management interface.
- In the left navigation bar, click Port Forwarding.
- On the Port Forwarding page, under Firewall Rules, click Add Rule.
- In the Rule Type dropdown menu, select Protocol and Port Range.
- Enter port 22 in the Protocol field and 80 in the Port Range field, and then click OK.
- Under Action, select Block Traffic from This IP Address . . . .
- Enter the IP address of the device you want to block in the From IP Address text box, and then enter 10 in the To IP Address text box. Click Apply Changes to save your changes.
- Repeat this process for any other ports you want to block on your Linksys router.
What is port forwarding in Linksys?
If you are experiencing problems with a particular port on your Linksys router, you can try forwarding that port to another IP address on your network. This is known as port forwarding. Here’s how it works:
- Log into your Linksys router’s admin interface.
- Click the WAN link in the main navigation bar.
- Under Port Forwarding, click Add New Port Forwarding Rule…
- Enter the appropriate IP addresses and ports for the new rule(s).
- Click Save and Close to save your changes.
- Now, whenever you want to use that port on your router, just forward it to the new IP address you set up in step 3 above!
Blocking a port on a Linksys router can be useful in cases where you want to restrict access to certain devices on your network. In this tutorial, we will show you how to block a port on a Linksys router without disabling wifi. By following these simple steps, you can keep your network secure and protected from unauthorized access.