If you’re like most people, you probably use the same network name and password for all of your devices. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the safest practice. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to change your network name and password on your Fios Gigabit router. By doing so, you’ll be more secure and able to access your device from anywhere in the world.
How To Change Network Name And Password On Fios Gigabit Router?
If you want to change your Fios Gigabit Router’s network name and password, follow these simple steps:
- Access the router’s Web-based utility by going to http://192.168.1.1 in your web browser.
- Click on the “Login” link at the top of the page.
- Enter your user name and password into the login form and click on OK.
- On the main page, scroll down to the “Settings” section and click on it to open it up.
- In the “Settings” section, locate the “Network” category and click on it to open it up.
- Underneath the heading “Network Name,” type in a new name for your network (for example, “NewNet”). Make sure that you spell it correctly, as this is how your router will label its network when you’re connecting to it from outside of your home network (this is useful if you’re setting up a Linksys/Cisco router as part of a larger home networking infrastructure). You can also enter a description for your network if you like (for example, “Home Office Network”).
- Underneath the heading “Network Password,” type in a newpassword for your network (for example, “NewPassword”). Again, make sure that you spell it correctly and that it’s at least six characters long (this is also how your router will label its network when you’re connecting to it from outside of your home network).
- Click on the ” Save ” button to save your changes.
How to Change Your Router’s Default Login Information?
If you are unable to login to your router because the default username and password are not working, you can change them. To change your router’s default login information:
- Open your router’s web-based user interface.
- Click the “Login” link at the top of the page.
- Enter your username (usually your name or nickname) and password.
- Click “Log In.”
- If you are prompted for a new password, enter the new password in the text box and click “Save.”
- Click “Apply Changes.”
Resetting Your Router’s Password
Resetting your router’s password is a quick and easy way to get back into your router’s configuration. This will help you troubleshoot any connectivity issues or reset the router to its factory settings if necessary.
To reset your router’s password:
- Open the web browser on your computer and type in the address of your router’s default login page.
- Enter the default username and password, then click Login.
- On the main menu, select System Setup, then Router Settings.
- In the Router Settings page, under Password, type in the new password, then hit Change Password.
Click Save Settings at the bottom of the page to apply your changes and exit out of Router Settings.
Restoring Factory Settings on a Fios Gigabit Router
If your Fios Gigabit router is not working properly, or you just want to restore its factory settings, follow these steps:
- Change the network name and password:
To change the network name and password, open the Fios Gigabit router’s main menu (usually by pressing “Menu” on your remote control). From here, select “Network Settings.” On the next page, scroll down to “Network Name” and enter a new name for your network. If you want to keep the router’s original network name, simply leave it unchanged. You’ll also need to enter a new password for your network. To make sure that nobody can access your router without thispassword, be sure to write it down somewhere safe! Once you’ve entered all of the necessary information, hit “Save Settings.”
- Enable and disable DHCP:
If you want to use DHCP servers on your Fios Gigabit router so that devices can automatically obtain an IP address when they connect tothe Internet, be sure to check the box beside “DHCP Server” on page 2 of Network Settings in step 1 above. If you don’t want a DHCP server active on your router, uncheck this box!
- Enable and disable UPnP:
UPnP stands for Universal Plug-and-Play. UPnP is a feature of routers that allows them to serve as gateways for devices that are plugged into them, such as cable boxes and game consoles. If you want your Fios Gigabit router to be able to serve as a gateway for UPnP-enabled devices, be sure to check the box beside “UPnP” on page 3 of Network Settings in step 1 above.
- Enable and disable IPv6:
If you have a newer router that supports IPv6, be sure to check the box beside “IPv6” on page 4 of Network Settings in step 1 above.
Changing Your Router’s Location
Changing your router’s location changes the network name and password. This is required if you are moving to a new home or office, or if you are upgrading to a new router.
To change your router’s location:
- Open your router’s admin panel. It may be accessed by clicking on its name in your address bar, or by entering the IP address of the router in a web browser.
- Under “Wireless Settings,” click on “Basic Wireless Settings.”
- On the “Wireless Networks” page, under “SSIDs,” click on the network you want to use.
- The Network Name box will display the current network name, and the Password box will display the current password for that network.
- To change both the Network Name and Password, enter a new name in the Network Name box and a new password in the Password box, then click Save Settings.
Deleting Users from Your Fios Gigabit Router
If you need to delete a user from your Fios Gigabit router, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu on your router.
- Select “Network Name and Password.”
- Click on the “Delete User” button.
- Enter the username and password of the user you want to delete, and click on the “Confirm” button.
- Your user will be deleted from your router’s network, and you will be prompted to save your changes before exiting the Settings menu.
Adding a New User to Your Fios Gigabit Router
To add a new user to your Fios Gigabit router, follow these steps:
- Login to your Fios gigabit router.
- Click on the “Menu” button (typically located in the top left corner) and select “Settings.”
- Under “User Management,” click on “Add User.”
- Type in the user’s name and password, and then click on “OK.”
- The new user will be added to the login screen and will have access to the router’s settings.
What is Fios?
With the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) approval of Charter Communications’ acquisition of Time Warner Cable, many people are wondering what changes, if any, will take place to their existing Fios broadband service. One such change that may occur is a network name and password change. If you have an existing Fios router, it is important to know how to change your network name and password in order to continue using the service after the acquisition is finalized.
To begin changing your network name and password on your Fios router, first make sure that you are connected to the internet. Then open a web browser on your computer and go to the URL http://192.168.1.1/. On the login screen, enter your username (this is typically your email address) andpassword (the default password is “fios”). You will then be able to select “Network Name” and “Network Password” from the menu options on the left side of the screen. Click on “Change Network Name” and enter a new network name in the text field located at the top of the page. Make sure that you choose a name that is unique across all devices in your home and that contains no spaces or special characters. Next, enter a new password in the “Password” field and click on “Update Network Name”. Now repeat these steps for “Network Password” by entering a new password in this field. Once you have updated both fields, click on “Save Settings”.
How to Change Your Network Name on a Apple TV or iPhone?
If you are using an Apple TV or iPhone, you can easily change your network name and password on your Fios gigabit router. Network names are typically easy to remember, but passwords can be more difficult to remember. Changing your network name and password can help protect your online security and make it easier to find the resources you need when connecting to various networks.
If you’re like most people, you probably use your router to connect to the internet at home and work. But did you know that you can also use it to connect to other devices in your home? In this article, we’ll show you how to change your network name and password on a Fios gigabit router. This is handy if you want to allow different members of your family access to certain portions of the internet while keeping them separate from each other.