Router passwords are the most important security measure your home network can have. But if you ever forget your router’s password, don’t fret – there are several steps you can take to reset it. In this article, we’ll outline the different methods for resetting a router password, and provide some tips on how to make sure you remember it in the future.
What is router password?
Router password is a secret code that you use to login to your router. Without the router password, you cannot access the configuration or settings of your router.
How to change router password?
If you have forgotten your router’s password, there are a few ways to change it. You can try resetting the router by turning it off and on again, or entering the admin password if you have that enabled. You can also try accessing the router’s Web-based management interface and enter the new password there.
What if my router is not connected to the internet?
If your router is not connected to the internet, you can change its password by following these steps:
- First, power on the router.
- Next, go to the main menu of the router.
- Select User Management.
- Under “User Management”, select “Password”.
- Enter your current router password and then enter a new password that you want to use.
- Save your changes by selecting “OK”.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the router and plug it into an outlet on your local network (not the internet).
- Connect the other end of the power cord to your computer or another router that is on your local network (not the internet).
- Enter your IP address into a web browser on your computer and hit enter. You should now be taken to the login page for your router configuration page. If you are not automatically logged in, enter your user name and password and hit enter.
How to reset router password?
If you forget your router’s password, there are a couple of ways to reset it. You can try entering the default factory settings, or you can use one of the methods below.
If you’ve ever had to change your router password, you know it’s not the easiest task. In this article, we’ll show you how to do it in just a few easy steps. Whether you’re having trouble logging on to your router or just want to make some quick changes, following these instructions will have you up and running in no time.