One of the most important things you can do for your privacy is to hide your MAC address from your router. This is especially important if you use a Chromebook—a device that’s notorious for tracking your every move. There are a few ways to do this, and we’ll cover the easiest and most effective options here. By hiding your MAC address, you can protect yourself from being tracked by your internet service provider, third-party trackers, and more.
What You’ll Need?
To hide your computer’s Mac address from a router, you’ll need to first create a custom Windows 10 network profile for your Chromebook. Then, you’ll need to install the Chomester VPN software on your Chromebook and configure it to connect to your personal VPN server. Finally, you’ll need to edit the router’s settings so that it “sees” only computers with the custom profile.
How to Hide Your Mac Address?
To hide your Mac address from your router, follow these steps:
- Open System Preferences on your Mac and click on Network.
- In the General section, click on the Advanced button and then select TCP/IP from the list of network options.
- In the IPv4 Settings section, select Use a proxy server for all traffic and enter the proxy server address into the Address field.
- Enter 10.0.0.1 in the Server field and 80 in the Port field, then click OK to save your changes.
- Close System Preferences and reload your router’s configuration by clicking on its icon in the Dock and selecting its Settings menu item.
- Click on the Security tab and uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
- Click on Apply and then close all open windows on your computer before reconnecting to the internet to update your settings (you may need to power cycle your router for this to take effect).
- Now when you try to connect to any websites or services that require an IPv4 address, such as Netflix or BBC iPlayer, you will be prompted to use a proxy instead since your Mac is now hidden from view!
How to Hide Your Chromebook’s MAC Address?
If you’re using a Chromebook, you may want to hide your Mac address so that your router doesn’t know where you are or what device you’re using.
What is a MAC Address?
A MAC address is a unique identifier assigned to each device on a local area network. It’s typically shown as a six-digit hexadecimal number on your router’s screen. You can use this number to identify your Chromebook when you’re connected to the network.
To hide your Chromebook’s MAC address, follow these steps:
- Open the Chrome browser on your Chromebook.
- On the main menu, click Settings .
- In the Settings window, under Network , click Advanced .
- Under TCP/IP , select Dynamic .
- Under IPv4 settings , in the Mac Addresses section, under Type , select Auto-generate .
- Click Save .
How To Hide Your MAC Address From Your Router?
Starting today, you can easily hide your Mac address from your router! This is great for privacy and security reasons. Here’s how to do it:
- Access your router’s settings.
- Find the “Wireless Settings” tab.
- Click on the “Personal Area Network (PAN) Settings” button.
- In the “MAC Address Filter” section, type in a fake MAC address that you want to use.
- Click on the “Apply” button at the bottom of the window.
- Once your fake MAC address has been applied, click on the “Wired Settings” tab and then on the “Network Adapter 1” connection icon to enable hiding your device’s MAC address from other devices on your network.
- Finally, under the heading “General,” make sure that the box next to “Disallow connections from addresses in this range” is checked and type in a range of addresses that you don’t want devices on your network to connect to (for example, 192.168.*).
Chromebooks and MAC Addresses
If you want to connect your Chromebook to a router, but don’t want the router to be able to see your computer’s MAC address, there are a few things you can do.
First, open the Chrome settings menu (three lines down from the top of the screen), and click “Show advanced settings.”
Scroll down until you find “Network: Basic security.” Under “Network security: LAN access,” deselect the option that says “Enable LAN access for this device.”
Next, open your router’s configuration page (usually found by typing http://192.168.1.1 into your browser). In the upper-left corner of the page, click on the three lines that appear next to “LAN Settings.” Underneath that heading, find and select “WAN Interface” (or something similar).
On the WAN Settings page, locate and select “Router IP Address.” Underneath that heading, type in your Chromebook’s IP address. Make sure to replace all of those quotation marks with actual numbers if you’re using a real IP address.
Finally, under “Advanced Routing,” make sure that both the checkbox labeled “Enable IPv6 routing” and the box below it are checked. If they’re not checked, TCP/IP will still work fine on your Chromebook, but IPv6 traffic will not be routed correctly.
If you’re looking to keep your personal information private and secure, then you may want to consider hiding your Mac address from your router. By doing this, it will be harder for anyone who wants to track what websites you’re visiting or spy on your online activity. To hide your Mac address, follow these simple steps:
- Open Chrome’s settings
- Click on the Advanced
- Scroll down until you see Network
- Under “Manage networks,” click on “Chromebooks”
- In the window that pops up, uncheck the box next to “Mac Address”
- Close the window
- Tap “Save”
- Visit www.macaddresshider.com Enjoy a more private internet experience!