Router is an electronic device that helps you to connect your devices and networks in your home. It also provides you with a way to manage different network settings. In some cases, when something goes wrong with the router, it can be difficult to fix it. This guide will show you how to reset a router so that it can be used again.
What is Router Reset?
A router reset is a process that clears the router’s configuration and routines, and then restores default settings. This step can be helpful if you are having difficulty connecting to the Internet or if your router is not functioning properly.
How Router Reset Works?
If you are having issues with your router, there is a fairly simple way to reset it and hopefully get things working again. First, make sure that the power is turned off to the router. Then, remove the battery (if present) and wait 10 seconds. Next, turn on the power to the router and wait a few minutes for it to initialize. Once initialized, press the reset button on the router.
How to Reset Router Automatically?
If your router is not responding to any of your attempts to reset it, you might need to do a hard reset. To do a hard reset:
- Turn off the power to the router by unplugging it from the wall.
- Wait 10 seconds and plug the router back in.
- Hold down the Reset button for 30 seconds.
- Release the Reset button and wait until the router reboots.
Other Methods of Resetting Router
There are other methods of resetting a router besides using the reset button on the front of the device.
- Some routers have a reset button on the back of the unit, while others have a reset button on the front and a power switch on the back.
- If your router doesn’t have are set button on the front, you can often access it by removing the cover and then pressing down on one of the buttons until it pops out.
- Once you’ve located and accessed the reset button, use it to reset your router.
If you’re having trouble with your router, or just want to reset it to its factory settings, there are a few steps you can follow. Hopefully this guide will help get you back up and running in no time!