Setting up a Linksys router with ATT Uverse is a fairly straightforward process, but there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to set up your router and start using it with ATT Uverse.
What You’ll Need?
To setup Linksys router with AT&T Uverse, you will need:
- Linksys router
- AT&T Uverse account
- Computer with internet connection
Step 1: Log into your Linksys router and go to the Wireless settings.
Step 2: On the main Wireless page, select the WAN/Internet tab.
Step 3: Click the Add a new Connection button.
Step 4: Enter in the following information:
- Name: AT&T Uverse
- Provider: AT&T Uverse Internet
- IP Address: 192.168.1.254
- Port: 8080
- Protocol: TCP/UDP
Step 5: Click the Save Settings button.
Next, we’ll need to connect our computer to the Linksys router using an Ethernet cable.
Step 6: On your computer, open a web browser and enter 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. You’ll be prompted for a user name and password. Type in your AT&T Uverse login information.
How To Setup Linksys Router With Att Uverse?
If your router is Linksys, you can follow these simple steps to set it up with AT&T U-verse:
- Log in to your Linksys router.
- Click the “Wireless” icon on the left side of the screen.
- Click the “Linksys WPS Settings” icon on the right side of the screen.
- Enter your AT&T U-verse account information in the “WPA2 Security Key” and “WPA2 Security Passphrase” fields, respectively.
- Click the “Save Settings” button.
How to stream Netflix on a Linksys Router with ATT Uverse
If you want to watch Netflix on your Linksys router, you’ll first need to sign up for a subscription with ATT Uverse. Once you have an account, open the Netflix app and sign in. From there, select the “TV Shows” menu option. Under “My Account,” select the “My Profile” tab. Under “Linked Accounts,” click on the “Add a linked account” button and enter the credentials for your ATT Uverse account. Then click on the “Next” button. On the next page, under “Server Types,” select the “Netflix” option and click on the “Next” button. On the next page, under “Settings,” select the “Streaming Quality” option and set it to medium or high. Finally, under “Advanced Settings,” make sure that the “Use TCP Port Range: 8080-8190” checkbox is selected and enter 8090 into the adjacent box. Click on the “Save Changes” button and start streaming your favorite shows!
How to setup Linksys Router with Spectrum
If you have an older Linksys router and want to connect it to AT&T Uverse, the following steps will show you how.
- Open the Linksys router’s web-based administration interface.
- Click the WAN link on the left side of the screen.
- Under IPv4 settings, click the Add button next to your broadband provider’s address (or use the manual method described below).
- Type in 192.168.1.1 into the IP address field and press Enter.
- In the Subnet mask field, type 255.255.255.0, and press Enter again.
- In the Default gateway field, type 192.168.1.254, and press Enter again.
- In the DNS server field, type 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206 (depending on where you live), and press Enter again to save your changes.
If you’re like most people, you probably use your computer for work and entertainment purposes. But there are also times when you need to connect to the internet from a different location than your home or office. In those cases, setting up a Linksys router is a great way to get online. We’ve outlined step-by-step instructions on how to do just that with your Att Uverse modem and Linksys router. If this is something you’re interested in trying out, be sure to check out our guide below!