If you’re like most people, you probably have a printer on your network that you use regularly. But if you’re also like most people, you probably also have a router that you use regularly to keep your network running smoothly. Wouldn’t it be great if we could put the two together and use the router to make the printer a wireless printer? Well, thanks to modern routers, that’s possible! In this article, we’ll show you how to do it.
Router With Print Server
A router with a print server can be used to make a wireless printer a local printer. This is useful if the router has an existing network port that can be used for printing, or if the router has a USB port that can be used to print.
What is a Router
A router is a networking device that allows you to connect devices in your home or office to the internet. Routers are also used to connect printers over a local area network (LAN). By using a router, you can make your printer wireless and connected to the internet.
To use your router to make your printer wireless:
- Open your router’s configuration settings. This can be done by clicking on the “settings” icon on your router’s main screen, or by entering the IP address of your router into a web browser.
- Look for a section called “Wireless Networks”. In this section, you will need to enable the “WLAN” feature on your printer.
- Once the WLAN feature has been enabled, connect your printer to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- In the settings of your printer, you will need to set the IP address of your router as the default network address.
- Press “OK” to save these changes and return to the main settings screen of your router.
- Click on the “Wireless print”.
How Do Routers Work?
A router is a device that allows you to connect devices together wirelessly. Routers can be used to connect your computer to your printer, or your printer to the internet. By using a router, you can make your printer wireless and free up some desk space.
How routers work is pretty simple. They are basically computers on their own that help you connect devices together. When you want to connect your computer to your printer, you use the router’s LAN (local area network) port. When you want to connect your printer to the internet, you use the router’s WAN (wide area network) port.
If you have a router that supports Wi-Fi, then you can automatically connect your computer and printer without using any cables. This is called “Wi-Fi printing”. If you don’t have a Wi-Fi router, then you will need to use a cable to connect your computer and printer. You can also use a cable if you want to print from one device on another device, like when printing from Windows 8 on a Macbook Pro.
To print from one device on another device, just enter the IP address
How to Make a Wireless Printer
If you want to print wirelessly from your computer, you’ll need a router and a wireless printer. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect your computer to the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Enable wireless networking on the router.
- On your computer, open a browser and type the address of the printer into the address bar.
- Click the link that appears to connect to the printer.
- If necessary, enter the printer’s IP address or network name in the browser’s search bar.
- Click OK to connect to the printer.
- If prompted, enter the correct password for the printer.
What Are the Benefits of a Wireless Printer?
A wireless printer is a great way to save on printing costs. Not only are they more energy-efficient, but they also allow you to print from anywhere in the house without having to connect to a computer or an external printer. Wireless printers can be a great addition to any home office.
If you’re looking to make your printer a wireless printer, you might be wondering how to do it. In this article, we are going to show you exactly how to use a router to make your printer wireless; so that you can print wirelessly from anywhere in your home or office!